【 Experiences 】
1991.04 Collage of Graduate Student, Tsinghua University (Master of Science)
1999.03 Collage of Graduate Student, Toyama University (PH.D)
1999.04-2001.03 Postdoctoral Researcher, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science （ JSPS ）
2001.04-Now, College of Science, Shanghai University (Professor of Physics)
【 Research Fields 】
- Electron structure, phase transition in strong correlated systems
- Physical properties of CMR materials
- Nano Materials and Physical properties
【 Scholarship 】
Mainly working in the field of condensed matter physics, especially study on the physical properties and mechanism of superconductivity. Recent years, frequently attended international conferences on low temperature physics and superconductivity. Over 80 papers published on the international and domestic journals, of which over 60 paper/times were indexed by the SCI, EI and ISTP.
【 Research Projects 】
- Study on the coexistence of superconductivity and antiferromagnetism, electron structure and phase transition (No.03SG35), RMB120000, Dawn project of the Education Committee of Shanghai Municipality, 20 03.12-2005.12(chief)
- Study on the soft magnetic materials of Fe-based nano-crystalline composite and the Key technology of felt magnetic cores (No.0352nm036), RMB150000, the Shanghai Nano-technology Promotion Center and the Science & Technology Committee of Shanghai Municipality , 2003.12-2005.12(chief)
- Study on the thermal conductivity and positron annihilation of the new superconductor MgB2 (No.02AK42), RMB 43000, the Science & Technology Development Foundation of the Education Committee of Shanghai Municipality, 2002.10-2004.10(chief)
- Study on the solidification and heat annealing in preparing new materials under high magnetic field (No.50234026), RMB1550000, Key project of the National Foundation of Natural Science of PR China , 2003.01-2006.12(join)
- Ion size effect, local electron structure and magnetic properties of strong correlated system (No.10274049), RMB290000, the National Foundation of Natural Science of PR China, 2 003.01-2005.12(join)
- Power ferrite materials of NiZn nano crystalline composite and device (No.0152nm27), RMB300000, the Shanghai Nano-technology Promotion Center and the Science & Technology Committee of Shanghai Municipality , 2001.12-2003.11(join)
【 Lectures 】
Solid state physics (Undergraduate course)
Nano materials and devices (Undergraduate course)
Physical properties of condensed matters under extreme conditions (Graduate course)
【 Graduate Students 】
Xinyan Wang, Wenfeng Li, Lingwei Li, Baojuan Kang, Fen Liu, Tian Gao, Wenjuan Li
【 List of Publications 】
- Jincang Zhang, Shixun Cao, Ruiying Zhang, Liming Yu and Chao Jing ， “Effect of Fabrication Conditions on I-V Properties for ZnO Varistor with High Concentration Additives by Sol-Gel Technique” ， Current Applied Physics (in press, 2004)
- Pinglin LI, Jincang ZHANG, Guixin CAO, Chao JING, and Shixun CAO, “ Suppression of Superconductivity by Nonmagnetic Ions Zn and Al for YBCO System: from Dopant Clusters to Carrier Localization”, Phys. Rev. B 69 (2004) 224517.
- C. Jing, S.X. Cao, and J.C. Zhang, “Lattice constant dependence of magnetic properties in bcc and fcc Fe x Mn 1-x alloys”, Phys. Rev. B 68, (2003) 224407.
- Shixun Cao , Pinglin Li, Guixin Cao and Jincang Zhang, "Effect of Magnetic Ion Ni-doping for Cu in the CuO2 Plane on Electronic Structure and Superconductivity on Y123 Cuprate", Physica C 388 (2003) 383.
- Shixun Cao , Jincang Zhang, Xiaoling Qin, Katsunori Mori and Katsuhiko Nishimura, "Thermal Conductivity Study on LuNi2B2C System under Applied Magnetic Fields", Physica C 388 (2003) 195.
- Shixun Cao , K. Mori, Xiaoling Qin, K. Nishimura, and Jincang Zhang, "Thermal Conductivity of RNi2B2C (R=Y and rare earth) Systems under Applied Magnetic Fields", Advances in Cryogenic Engineering, 48 (2002) 1067.
- Shixun Cao , Shuji Sakai, Katsuhiko Nishimura, and Katsunori Mori, "Thermal Conductivity of RNi2B2C (R=Gd, Dy, Ho, Er, Tm, and Lu) Systems", IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, 11 (2001) 3603.
- Shixun Cao , Shuji Sakai, Katsuhiko Nishimura, and Katsunori Mori, "Thermal Conductivity of RNi2B2C (R=Er, Tm, and Gd) Systems", Physica C, 341 (2000) 751.
- Shixun Cao , Katsuhiko Nishimura, and Katsunori Mori, "(Tc,TN)-x Phase Diagram of Er1-xDyxNi2B2C System", Physica C, 341 (2000) 759.
- Shixun Cao , Takao Ookami, Katsuhiko Nishimura, and Katsunori Mori, "Reentrant Behavior in Ho1-xNdxNi2B2C System", Physica C, 316 (1999) 273.
- Shixun Cao , Kazuhiro Okamoto, Katsuhiko Nishimura, and Katsunori Mori, "Correlation between Superconducting and Magnetic Transition Temperatures of R1-xNdxNi2B2C (R=Y, Ho, Er)", J. Low Temp. Phys. 117 (1999) 1611.
- Shixun Cao , Katsunori Mori and Katsuhiko Nishimura, "Electrical Resistivity and Thermal Conductivity of NdBa2(Cu1-ZZnZ)3O7-Y and the Phonon Transport Model", Physica C, 282 (1997) 1277.
- Zhang Jincang, Cao Shixun, Liu Fengqi and Liu Junzheng, "Local Electron Density and Vacancy Properties for YBa2Cu3-xSnxOy (x=0-1.5): A Positron-lifetime Study", Phys. Rev. B 48 (1993) 16830.
- Cao Shixun , Chen Liquan, Xue Rongjian, He Yusheng and Yu Weizhong, "Positron Annihalation Study During Pre-crystallization Process in a Amorphous Silver Ionic Conductor", Chinese Physics Letters, 10 (1993) 37.
- Cao Shixun , He Yusheng and Chen Liquan, "Experimental Study of the pre-crystallization Process in the Amorphous Fast Ionic Conductor 0.60AgI-0.25Ag2O-0.15P2O5", Solid State Ionics, 45 (1991) 223.